Carlson Filtration was established in 1923 by John Cecil Carlson (born in Sweden in 1897) and has been based at Butts Mill, Barnoldswick since 1956
The infrastructure of the mill has been improved considerably; significant investment has also taken place on the machine itself and this investment continues.
Carlson has had several owners in the intervening years but has been a part of an international filtration group since 1988. In 1999 Carlson applied to the US Food and Drug Administration for - and was granted - a Type 1 Drug Master File Number - DMF14255. This is still in place meaning that our products can be used with confidence within the pharmaceutical industry. It is more generally indicative of the high quality standards of our products.